Wednesday 15 October 2014

What would I support if elected to Vernon City Council? The redesign of the intersection of 43rd and Highway 97

Candidates are often asked what they would like to see done if they are elected. I believe that is a fair question so here is the first in a series of posts to answer that question.
I would support the redesign the intersection of 43rd ave and BC 97(30th st). This intersection is a chronic bottleneck for both north and south traffic. I believe it would be possible to facilitate access to alternate routes for local traffic and avoid adding to the congestion on BC 97. To avoid this intersection local drivers often sneak around the back of London Drugs to get to Alexis Park drive inspite of signage to the contrary. The revamping of this intersection is both a local and provincial responsibility and I believe should be a priority in the coming term.

Cheers Shawn Lee Candidate for Vernon City Council.

No comments: