Friday 28 September 2018

A question that is often asked of me as a candidate for city Council

Who would I like to see elected?  Of course the simple answer is Shawn Lee because I think he will be an excellent Councillor for the City of Vernon. I am sure the other nineteen candidates feel the same way about themselves. The same is true, I imagine of the mayoralty candidates.
With such a wide field of candidates the voters face a difficult challenge in making their selection. How do you get to know what each candidate is about? Social media will be a great help. Attending the various forums will also be useful. Do you go with the incumbents or give the new faces a chance?  Whichever way it goes, we will have this new council for four years which underlines the importance of the decision.
It may seem that I am ducking the question but it is still very early on in the campaign. Much is yet to be discovered. As time goes on my choices will become clearer and I may choose to share them. I believe that when men and women of good will are committed to well- informed honest open debate that good decisions will result. The task facing the voters of Vernon is to find those independent, inquiring minds and grant them the task, the burden and the privilege of serving on city council for the next four years. I hope to be granted such a privilege.

Please vote for Shawn lee for city council. Cheers

No comments: