Tuesday 18 September 2018

Experience matters: Vote for Shawn Lee Vernon City Council 2018

I believe that voters should cast their ballot for me on October 20th for following reasons.
I have previously served on Vernon City Council and am familiar with procedures and budgets and the cycle of governance in involved in local government. I would be able to hit the ground running.  I am able to read and understand the technical terms and issues involved in the large Council agenda packages. (Sometimes over 700 pages)
I am a Vernon resident. I love this community where Jocelyn, my wife and I have raised our six children, involved in both sports and arts.  I would like to give back to this city that has been so good to us.
I am a quick study and read quickly with understanding and retention; skills and talents that are invaluable to a Councillor.
I will always come prepared to discuss the issues and to debate in public the questions as an independent voice on Vernon City Council
I will answer all inquiries directed me as a councilor as quickly as possible.
I will carefully examine all budgets set before Council with great care.  I will never forget tax dollars come from you and me.
I have served in executive and board positions in the Dental Profession both locally and provincially. These positions dealt with protection of the public, quality assurance in dentistry, regulatory matters and budgets. I became familiar with the rules of such governing councils.
I served both as a board member and later as President of the Arts Council of the North Okanagan. I became aware of the challenges faced by passionate volunteer organisations. More importantly I became acquainted with the value that the arts contribute to any community.
I will promise to serve honestly and with integrity.
Please vote for Shawn Lee for Council.


No comments: