Friday 14 September 2018

Vernon Civic Election 2018

As the current election season approached many of my acquaintance asked if I was considering letting my name stand for election. I wasn't. I have been down that road before and  recall the emotional trauma that running for public office often brings. However there was and still is a strong desire in me to serve my community as a Councillor for the City of Vernon. A sense of unfinished business a clock that is still not working.
And so today I filed the necessary documents and the race is on. I am grateful to those who so willing signed my nomination papers and to my wife Jocelyn for her abiding support of her would be politician husband.
My hope is to blog daily as well as manage my face book page and maybe tweet a little. I get the sense this election may well be won online. Stay tuned . Cheers Shawn Lee Vernon Taxpayer

No comments: