Sunday 21 October 2018

Now the election is over.........

I would like to thank all those who supported me in this election and though unsuccessful in returning to Vernon City Council I remain optimistic.
I was impressed with the quality and depth of commitment of the large field candidates. It was a pleasure to meet these folks and get to know them a little bit. I get the feeling they will continue in their commitment to the betterment of our community. To those who were successful I extend my heartfelt congratulations and best wishes. Our new council will have balance of old and new which I hope will lead to good governance. Putting your name in the hat takes a great deal of courage. To those who unsuccessful best wishes and I hope that you found the experience of running for office as rewarding as I did. All the best in the future.
Lastly I was very pleased with passing of the Cultural Center referendum. The vision of the few and the wisdom of the many will be praised for years to come. Cheers Shawn

No comments: